Billing Contract is a result of a sale and is associated with a customer. A Billing Contract the record that results in an Invoice. A customer can have one or more Billing Contracts.
A Billing Contract can have one more Subscription. To have an invoice generated through Work 365 a Billing Contract must exist. Every Subscription should be associated with a Billing Contract.
- Name: Use a Naming Convention. E.g. [AccountName]-[Type of Service]-[Billing Freq] e.g. Blue-Yonder-CSP-Monthly
- Customer: Select the Customer Name
- Start Date: The date the service was started. This is the date used to determine the services that are included in the invoice. The subscriptions with an Effective Start Date on or before the Start date will be included in the Billing Cycle.
- End Date: The date the Agreement and Billing need to stop. If the Billing Agreement has no set end date and is on an Auto-Renewal, pick a date out into the future
- Product Type: Available Product Types are CSP, Managed Service, and Support Contract. The Product Type doesn’t restrict the Subscriptions or Billing processes.
- Is Default: If there are multiple Billing Contracts then one of them is the default. When subscriptions are created for an Account the Default Billing Contract is used to associate with the Subscription.
- Auto-Send Invoice: When this option is selected the invoice will be automatically sent to the Billing Contact. The Billing Contact field becomes Mandatory.
- Currency: Billing Currency for the Billing Contract
- Invoice Date: The invoice date is locked field. The Invoice Date is one day after the Start Date of the Billing Contract. If the Billing Contract Start Date is Jan 1, the Invoice Date will be Jan 2nd. The invoice generated on Jan 2nd will include the subscriptions that were created as of the Start Date on Jan 1st. The Invoice date, however, will show Jan 1.
- Billing Frequency: Work 365 supports Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Terms.
- Discount %: This is the discount percent that is applied at the overall Invoice level.
- Payment Terms: Payment Terms match the standard payment terms that are available on the Invoice entity.
- PO Number: This is a reference field that is populated when the Invoice is generated.
- Billing Contact: The Billing Contact that should be referenced in the Invoice
Use the Notes and Activity Sections of the Billing Contract to record Notes and any tasks that are associated with the Billing Contract.
Watch the following video on How to fill up Billing Contract Details