Billing Contracts are the documented relationship Partners have with their customers. However, when customers leave a Partner, Partners can deactivate the customer’s Billing Contract in Work 365.
Please Note: Billing Contracts should be deactivated, not deleted, as a Partner should still have the inactive billing contract for internal records.
Steps for Deactivating a Billing Contract
- Update the Terminated On date on the billing contract.
- Deactivate the subscriptions within the billing contract. Please see this article for instructions on deactivating a subscription.
- Manually generate a change log invoice. Generating a change log invoice will allow the system to invoice the proration on the subscriptions while they were still active.
- Follow the applicable business process of collecting the final payment.
- Mark the invoice as paid.
- Deactivate the billing contract
- Deactivate the customer’s Agreement under Work 365 ➤ Agreements
- Work 365 users who have an automatic provider, deactivate the Work 365 Provider Account record.