Work 365 can now manage the billing and invoicing for non-recurring products and sales. These non-recurring entities are designed for one-off sales, and term-based billing (ie. Azure Reserved Instances).
To create a non-recurring billing contract, go to Work 365 > Billing Contracts > Create a new Billing Contract > change the view to Non-Recurring Billing Contracts if not already selected.
Enter in the billing contract details. For the name, identify the non-recurring status of the billing contract in the name (example: Contoso – Non-Recurring or NR). Note there is no billing frequency for a non-recurring billing contract.
Save. Create a Non-Recurring Item
For instructions on creating a Non-recurring product in the product catalog, see Non-Recurring Products.
Enter Item and Pricing details
- Name: Name copied from Microsoft price list
- Friendly Name: Line item on the invoice
- Billing Contract: customer’s non-recurring billing contract
- Product Class: varies depending on product. Ie. Azure RI would be a Product Resale
Enter in Provisioning and Provider Details and save
- Effective Date: Start of term
- Segment: vertical
- Purchase Type: Type of purchase varies. Ie. Reserved Instance for Azure RI
- Scope: Shared or Single
- Subscription: Search for the Customer’s existing Microsoft Azure subscription
- Provider Part Number: Product ID from Price lists
- Azure RI: ProductID:SkuID
- Provider Order ID
- Provider Reference
- Expiry Date: End of term (for term based items)
To view all non-recurring items, go to Work 365 > Non-Recurring Items under Billing and Invoicing.