Work 365 can manage the billing and invoicing for non-recurring products and sales. These non-recurring entities are designed for one-off sales, and term-based billing (ie. Azure Reserved Instances). For details on creating a non-recurring billing contract, see Non-Recurring Billing Contracts.
Note: Non-recurring items can be added to both recurring and non-recurring billing contract types. Non-recurring items added to non-recurring billing contracts will be invoiced the day after the item is created. Non-recurring items added to recurring billing contract will be invoiced during the next invoicing cycle of the billing contract, or through a change log invoice if the billing contract frequency is annual or quarterly.
- See this document to Invoice Non-Recurring items monthly.
How to create non-recurring items
Search for the non-recurring item in the product catalog in from the field. For instructions on creating a Non-recurring product in the product catalog, see Non-Recurring Products.
- Name: Name copied from the product name
- Friendly Name: Name copied from the product name
- Billing Contract: customer’s non-recurring billing contract or recurring billing contract
- Product Class: varies depending on the product. Ie. Azure RI would be a Product Resale.
- Currency: currency
- Unit: sales unit
- Is Taxable: is taxable on invoice
- Quantity: number of units
- Unit cost: cost price per unit
- Unit Selling Price: selling price per unit
- Revenue: selling price x quantity
- Gross Margin: the difference between the selling price and cost price
- Effective date: start of term
- Segment: vertical
- Purchase type: type of purchase varies. Ie. Reserved Instance for Azure RI
- Scope: Single or Shared
- Subscription: search for the customer’s existing Microsoft Azure subscription
- Provider: Provider provisioning the item
- Provider Part Number: Product ID from the provider price list
- Format: Product ID: SkuID
- Provider Order ID
- Provider Reference
- Expiry Date: End of Term (for term-based items)
- Credit Hold: is the account on credit hold? See Work 365 Account Credit Hold
To view all non-recurring items, go to Work 365 ➤ Non-Recurring Items under Billing and Invoicing.