The following prerequisites must be in place before the Work 365 setup can be initiated. This guide assumes that the reader has basic knowledge of CRM administration, including importing solutions.
- The user performing these actions should have the System Administrator role in Dynamics 365.
- The user performing these actions should be a Global Administrator on the Office 365 tenant associated with Dynamics 365.
- The Dynamics 365 tenant must have the Sales app installed.
- A service account should be created in Dynamics 365 with System Administrator The password setting can be configured as ‘Never Expires’ for convenience.
- For 1-Tier (Direct Bill Partners) only (see Configuring Microsoft Partner Center)
- a service account in the Microsoft Partner Center
- a Native App in Microsoft Partner Center (note App ID and domain)
Once the above prerequisites are in place, the Work 365 module should be installed. This creates the necessary CRM objects required to enable the Work 365 functionality.
|It is highly recommended to perform the below steps in an “InPrivate” or “Incognito” browser mode, created after closing ALL browser windows.|
- Install the solution from App Source using this link – https://bit.ly/GetWork365
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation. You will need to have System Administration privileges to complete the installation process.
- The installation from AppSource is a silent process. You will not see an upgrade bar or process but the installation is happening in the background.
- It can take up to 15 minutes to complete this process.
- Once the Import process is completed, You will see the Work 365 solution under Settings->Solutions
- click on the Work 365 solution that was just installed, to open the Solution Window
- Fill in the relevant details (Select Environment Type appropriately); Click Submit.
- Verify that the license was activated and that the Get Consent button has appeared.
- Click the Get Consent button and if prompted, and use the Global Administrator credentials to complete the process
- Click Accept to grant specified permissions to the Work 365 app.
- Upon completion of the consent process, you should see a window asking for Dynamics 365 credentials.
- Fill in the details this is the Integration or Service credentials that you created for the Work 365 user. This is the service account that is used to run your invoicing process and background jobs for Work 365 processes. (remember, the user must belong to a System Administrator role in Dynamics 365) [Note: The Dynamics 365 URL should NOT end in /]
- Click Submit. The system will initialize and it may take a couple of minutes for it to complete.
- Do not close the browser window or navigate away, while the system initializes
- Upon completion, a success message will be displayed and the window can now be closed.
- Once the Get Consent Process is completed click on the “Upgrade” Button to complete any background upgrade and data setup and configuration items that are required to complete the installation and setup process.
Congratulations! You have completed the installation process for Work 365.