This article describes the process of performing a fresh install of Work 365 v3.1 and subsequent releases.
- If you are upgrading from Work 365 version 3.0 or later, please refer https://help.work365apps.com/documentation/billing/upgrade-work-365/
While Work 365 has been compliant to the Secure App Model for PartnerCenter integration since version 2.1, released February 2019, v2.5 and subsequent releases extend this model to the Dynamics 365 connection; which will be affected by the security policy updates.
Prepare for MFA enablement of the tenant
If your tenant has Azure AD Premium Plan 1 (or higher) or Enterprise Security + Mobility (EMS) plans, it is highly recommended to assign these licenses to your users before proceeding with MFA enablement. The planning and rollout of MFA across your tenant are not in the scope of this article. Work with your IT team to plan and deploy MFA across the organization.
Enable MFA Policies
Work with your IT team to ensure that you are compliant with the Microsoft security requirements coming into effect on August 1, 2019. More information on this can be obtained from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-center/partner-security-requirements and https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-center/partner-security-requirements-faq
The policies may take a few minutes to kick in and hence it is advised to wait for about 5-10 minutes after enabling any policies on the Azure AD tenant and before proceeding with the next steps on the Work 365 install.
- Register MFA for the Work 365 service account by navigating to https://aka.ms/mfasetup and following the instructions therein.
- Register MFA for the account with which the next steps will be carried out (Global Administrator account)
Install Work 365
Please note that these steps MUST be executed as the Work 365 Service Account with tenant Global Administrator AND Dynamics 365 System Administrator roles. This user MUST also have a Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement license assigned.
- Install the solution using this link – http://bit.ly/Work365Download
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation. You will need to have System Administration privileges to complete the installation process.
- The installation is a silent process. There will be a green progress bar.
- It can take up to 15 minutes to complete this process.
- Once the Import process is completed, you will see the Work 365 solution under Settings > Solutions.
- Click on the Work 365 solution that was just installed, to open the Solution Window.
Complete Registration Process
Please note that these steps MUST be executed as a user with tenant Global Administrator AND Dynamics 365 System Administrator roles. This user MUST also have a Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement license assigned.
1) If installing Work 365 for the first time, a screen as below will be presented. Fill in the details and click the Submit button to have the Work 365 license generated. Connect with your account manager to obtain the correct license key.
2) Click the Get Consent button.
3) A sign-in prompt is presented. Login with Global Administrator credentials. MFA registration options may be presented, which should be completed.
4) Review and accept the permissions requested by Work 365 – this is the same permission set as before.
5) Complete the registration form. The Organization Name is available on the screen in the background (see step 2). Select the right Time-Zone for the organization. Click Submit.
6) Copy the link presented. The link icon provides a short-cut to copy this link to the clipboard. Please note that this link is valid for only 15 minutes. If the link expires, the process may be restarted from step 1 under the Complete Registration Process section.
Complete Consent & Initialization Process
Please note that these steps MUST be executed as the Work 365 service account. This account MUST have the Work 365 Service role assigned in Dynamics 365. This account MUST have a Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement license assigned. This license assignment cannot be revoked.
1) Open a new browser window, preferably in Incognito / InPrivate mode. Navigate to the link copied over from the previous step. A login prompt will be presented. Enter the credentials of the Work 365 service account.
2) MFA authorization may be prompted. If so, enter the MFA challenge requested.
3) Upon successful verification of credentials, the following page will be presented. Click the Begin Upgrade button to commence the upgrade process.
4) Wait for the upgrade process to be completed. Do not close the browser window or navigate to another page.
5) The upgrade process is completed when a screen like below is shown.
Congratulations! The Work 365 upgrade process was completed successfully!
- Review the configuration settings.
- Assign security roles to users.
- Configure Manufacturers.
- Configure Providers.
- Configure your connection with Partner Center (Direct Bill Partners only).
- Review the QuickStart guide.