Work 365 Version 2.0 enables Partners to manage customer payments, due to its integration with Authorize.Net, by charging customer invoices.
Note: Before you can charge an invoice, you need to have a payment profile set up for the customer. See Managing Customer Payments: Creating a Payment Profile.
To leverage this functionality, follow these steps:
Go to a Work 365 customer invoice. Hit the charge button at the top of the invoice.
[Please Note: The Charge button will not be visible if the invoice is Paid (Complete) or Cancelled (Cancelled).]
A pop up will appear showing the customer’s payment profile, and the invoice details. When the pop up appears, the payment amount entered will populate the balance amount that’s due on the invoice. However, this payment amount can be reduced to make a partial payment (Work 365 users cannot charge more than the invoice amount). After the amount is confirmed hit save, you will receive a success message to indicate that the payment was successful.
After the invoice is charged, 2 things will occur:
- The Invoice Status will either say Paid (Partial) or Paid (Complete) depending on whether partial or complete balance was charged.
- Under the Total Amount section of the invoice, the first line item will show the amount that was charged, and the second line item will show the Balance Amount that is left on the invoice. If the full invoice was charged, then the balance amount will show zero. If a partial payment was made, then the balance amount will show the remaining balance that’s due to be charged.
To charge an invoice with a previous partial payment [basically repeat the same process again]:
- Go to the same invoice
- Hit the Charge Button
- A pop up will appear showing the customer’s payment profile, the invoice details, and the remaining balance on the invoice due to be charged. The payment amount that is entered will populate the balance that’s due.
- Hit save to charge the invoice. The total amount section on the invoice form will be updated to show the new balance amount.
- The total amount section on the invoice form will be updated to show the new balance amount.
To see the transaction history for an invoice, go to the invoice related records and click Payment Transactions. To look up all payment transactions go to Work 365 > Payment Transactions.
Any transactions against the invoice will be listed. If a payment transaction fails, a failed inactive record will be created. Click on a transaction to see the transaction details. Check the “Transaction Result” field for failure details.