Work 365 License Based Subscriptions:
A Subscription type where customers pay per license that is provisioned.
Work 365 is integrated with the Product Catalog in Dynamics 365. This means that anytime a new subscription is created, looking up the product in the product field will then automatically populate the product details on the subscription.
Setting up the product catalog, product price lists, and product price list items provides integration and automation capabilities that can save time during provisioning and billing.
- Customer:The customer Account record the subscription is tied to
- Billing Contract:The customer’s Billing Contract the subscription is tied to
- Product: Is a lookup field for products that have been added to the product catalog
- Parent Subscription: The Parent subscription in a bundle relationship with child subscriptions.
- Subscription Name: Appears on the Invoice for real products
- Friendly Name: Appears on the Invoice for write-in product. This is the name that appears on the Portal.
- Effective Start date: date on which the subscription was created
- Billable Status: Determines if the subscription is billable on the invoice.
- Product Class: Used in incentive calculations, and mapping the CRM product catalog to an accounting system catalog.
- Is Trial: Determines if the subscription is a trial. Trial subscriptions provisioned by Automatic providers will sync into Work 365 as a trial subscription.
- Deactivate On– Will deactivate the subscription when the date mentioned arrives
- Channel: The avenue through which the subscription was created- Portal, Provider, System
Last Change Details:
- Quantity: License quantity for a subscription.
- Order: Link to the Sales Order if applicable.
- Order Reference: Order ID of the subscription from the Sales Order Provisioning process
- Order Date: Date of the change
- Order thru: Identifies the source of where the change is made. Applies when the change is made by an automatic provider, from the Self-Service Portal, or through the Sales Order Provisioning process.
- Ordered By: The user who has made the change
- Currency: The sales currency in which the subscription will be invoiced. Default currency can be set on the product form. Specific currencies by region are defined on the product’s price list item
- Price List: The price list that the product’s price list item is found. Filling in the default price list on the product form will auto-populate this field on the subscription.
- Sales Unit: Unit at which the subscription will be invoiced.
- Selling price per unit: Customer selling price per unit
- Cost price per unit: Internal cost price per unit. Used for Incentives and Profitability calculations in Reports.
- Monthly Revenue: Revenue calculate on a monthly basis
- Gross Margin %: Calculates the margin between Selling Price Per Unit and Cost Price Per Unit.
- Is Taxable: Determines if the subscription is taxable in the invoice
- Exempt from Indexation: Select ‘Yes’ if the subscription is exempted from Price Indexation and select ‘No’ if it is. Go to the Price Indexation document for more information
- Discount %: Can enter a discount rate at the subscription level
- Incentive Owner: refers to a unique identifier or user that is associated to this subscription
- Provider: Provider through which a subscription is provisioned. See more on Work 365 Providers.
- Provider Account: Selecting the Provider Account for the subscription enables the system to identify for which tenant in the provider portal to provision the subscription in the event there are multiple tenants for the same customer. If there is only one tenant, the subscription will auto-select the provider account. If there are multiple tenants, the user must select the tenant the subscription will be provisioned under.
- Provisioning Frequency: Subscription provisioning frequency with the provider (monthly or annually)
- Subscription ID: Subscription ID
- Auto-Renew: Determines if a subscription with an automatic provider auto-renews.
- Part Number: Provisioning Sku ID or Offer ID determined by the Provider for a product.
- Order ID: Provider order ID
- Commitment End Date: Determines the end date on a subscription. Used for special pricing and/or subscription renewals.
- Manufacturer: Manufacturer which created the subscription product.
- Product Description: Text field to add a description of the Product.
- Allow End-User Modification: The checkbox allows the end-user to update the quantity of the subscription through the Portal. Note: Any non-billable subscriptions will not be eligible for user modification on the self-service portal.
- Description: This text field appears on the invoice PDF that is sent to the end customer.
Packaging and Add-Ons:
- Child Subscriptions: Non-billable subscriptions in relation to a parent subscription as part of a bundle.
- Add on subscription: billable subscriptions in relation to a parent subscription as part of a bundle.
- Note: Any predetermined bundles defined by automatic providers must have the same bundle setup in Work 365 in order for the provisioning to go through.
- Example: An Office 365 E3 subscription with an Audio Conferencing add on subscription. In Work 365, the Parent subscription is Office 365 E3 with the billable addon Audio Conferencing.
Note: The system uses the Provider Part Number and Provider to provision the subscription. If you are using multiple Providers for the same product e.g. you have multiple Partner Centers setup, it is important to have individual price list items defined on the product form for each Partner Center. When creating a new subscription, the provider on the price list item will be selected over the default provider defined on the product form.
After the subscription is created in Work 365, the provisioning will either be provisioned automatically or manually depending on the provider.
If the subscription selected is a Bundle, all the child subscriptions will also be setup and Provisioned using the structure defined in the Product Catalog.
Every change in the license quantity will result in a License Change Log item that is created.