2QuickBooks Desktop users please complete the following steps when upgrading Work 365 to a new version:
Before the upgrade of the core solution is completed, submit a ticket with the support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to acquire the solution update for the QBO Connector. When completing the upgrade for the core Work 365 solution, it is recommended to also complete the upgrade for the QBD connector.
- Login to the QBD Integration Server via Remote Desktop using the integration account – please note that this account will require local administrative privileges.
- Stop the Work 365 On Premise service.
- Run command prompt as admin and navigate to the directory of the service. Uninstall the service through the following command:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\installutil.exe Work365.Onpremise.Service.exe /u
- Empty the contents of the On Premise service folder except for these two configuration files: Onpremise.Service.exe.config & connections.json. We suggest you take backup of this folder before deleting.
- Unzip the folder shared via OD and paste the contents in the On Premise folder. Note: Do not overwrite the above two files since they are already configured to point to your QBD connector instance.
- Unblock the Onpremise.Service.exe before installing the new version.
To unblock, right click the exe -> Properties and then click on Unblock.
Note: Unblock button is only visible when the exe is blocked. Otherwise no action required.
- Install the Work 365 service version(x.x) as a Windows Service by running the following command in the directory of the service.
- Configure version(x.x) service to run under the same service account as step #1.
- Start the service.
- Give it couple of mins and try to link an account. Ensure that the service responds.
Important: Please upgrade Work 365 core solution and the on-premise service to v(x.x) at the same time.