Setting up the Synnex Provider, Provider Accounts, and subscriptions
Setting up this Provider is only applicable to Partners whose provider is Synnex.
Note: Synnex does not have Azure consumption integration or Agreements integration. Currently, Synnex only integrates Microsoft License based subscriptions.
Ensure the Work 365 integration account has the correct permissions assigned in the Synnex portal. The integration account must have the “Stellar Cloud Super” permissions assigned in the Synnex portal.
- Set up the Synnex Provider: Go to Work 365 ➤ Provider ➤ +New
- Add the name
- Internal Name: Work365.Provider.SynnexCspProvider
- Add the User Name for the integration account.
- Add the Password for the integration account.
- Add the Synnex Reseller Number for your organization
- Add the Synnex Reseller Relationship URL
- Work 365 button dropdown ➤ Verify Connectivity
- Once verified ➤ Sync Provider Accounts
These provider accounts are all the customer accounts on your Synnex Portal
- Each account will need a unique CRM account (there cannot be 1 CRM account for multiple Provider Accounts).
- All the Synnex subscriptions will sync to Work 365 automatically through a backend job by the next day. Subscriptions can also be manually synced on at the Billing Contract level.
- Once the subscriptions are synced, ensure the Billing Contract, Customer, and pricing data are all accurate.
- Of the old subscriptions with a Manual Synnex provider, reassign the License change log history to the automatic Synnex subscription. This way the license change log history is still active with the automatic subscription.
- Deactivate the manual Synnex subscriptions as these are no longer needed. Refer to deactivating subscriptions for guidance.