Once the portal setup has been completed, invitations can be sent to customers to join the portal. To create an invitation code, open the Contact record in Dynamics 365.
We recommend disabling registration and using Azure AD credentials for Identity Management on the Self-Service Portal.
Use this article to setup Customer facing Azure AD integrated logins.
- On an existing contact click on the Create Invitation Button
- Set the Expiry Date field to a date on which this invitation will expire, if not yet redeemed.
- Save the record.
- Email the unique invitation code to the customer along with the portal URL- or use the Portal Workflow to send invitations to the contact
- On the portal Sign In page, ask them to click the Redeem Invitation tab and enter the invitation code provided.
Enable a mailbox/email address that you want to use for support and communication
- Enable the mailbox and Server-side Sync for this account.
- This mailbox will be used to send emails and Alerts
Call this the Cloud or Support email address- this email address can be used for email to case automation as well.
Remove the User Registration Option:
Remove the registration option so customers do not have to register with the portal, the just need to sign in.
Customers Redeem the Invitation Code via Email:
- Customer self-Registration has been turned off
- Customers must be invited through the Invitation Process
Create a Role for Invitation:
The CRM portals are not part of the core solution in Dynamics. The functionality to manage the invitation process is not part of the core capabilities of the existing roles.
In order to assign permissions for your end users to create and Send invitations either a new Role will need to be created an assigned to the users or one of the existing roles will need to be modified to include the privileges to create and send invitations.
Navigate the Settings->Administration->Security->Security Roles
if you are creating a new role or modifying an existing role. The entity for Invitation can be found under the Custom Entity Tab (on the far right).
Here is how you may set the role or privileges up!
Check Password Reset
Updating the Redeem Invitation URL
Azure Ad Authentication for the Portal