When you initially set up the portal, to enable self-service for a customer, security web roles must be assigned to the customer’s contact record in CRM.
Customer web roles:
A default web role for all contacts accessing the portal is the Authenticated User which enables a user to access any information within the portal. To control which Work 365 entities a customer is able to access, assign the appropriate Work 365 customer web roles.
List of portal web roles: Go to CRM ➤ Portals ➤ Web Roles
- Work365 Administrator: has access to all Work 365 menu items
- Work365 Subscription Manager: has access to Work 365 subscription license and usage data
- Work365 Finance Manager: has access to Work 365 invoices and payment profiles
Applying web roles to a CRM contact record:
- Going to the customer contact entity in CRM
- Open Related Records
- Click Web Roles
- Add Existing Web Role
- Select the applicable Work 365 role for the contact
If a customer is new to your portal:
• Follow the steps detailed here on sending customer invitations to the self service portal.
• Then follow the steps detailed above to add the web role on the customer contact entity.