Work 365 brings self-service capabilities using Dynamics 365 Portals. The self-service module allows end-customers to self-manage their license-based subscriptions online, saving time and cost for the CSP partner.
The following pre-requisites must be in place before the Dynamics Portals setup can be initiated. This guide assumes that the reader has basic knowledge of CRM administration, including importing solutions.
- The user performing these actions should have the System Administrator role in Dynamics 365.
- Dynamics 365 tenant with Work 365 solution installed and configured
- Dynamics 365 Customer Self-Service Portal to be installed and configured.
- Details on how to do this can be found here
- Portal Audience: Customer
- Portal Development Status: Live
- Portal Type: Customer Self-Service
- Note the Portal URL; you’ll need this later.
- Browse the portal once the setup is completed and ensure that the portal is functioning.
- Please ensure that the Work 365 Service account has System Administrator to complete the installation and setup.
Once the portal has been set up, the Work 365 Self-Service module is a solution install. If you have the portal solution enabled on your service plan you will find the link to download the portal solution through the Help&About page. Navigate to the Help & About page for Work 365 and find the Portal Solution download file under the Useful Links Section.
This creates the necessary CRM objects required to enable the self-service capability.
- Import the work365selfserviceportal_prod_x_x_x_x_managed.zip solution into Dynamics 365. (where x_x_x_x is the solution version number)
- Ensure that the options on the Import Options screen are selected as below.
- Once the Import process is completed, click on the Work 365 Self-Service Portal solution that was just imported, to open the Solution Window.
- Please ensure that the Work 365 Service account has System Administrator role before you click the Initialize Portal. This role can be removed after the portal is initialized.
- Click the Initialize Portal
- Once the process completes, close the window.
- Please follow the additional instructions detailed in the Self Service Portal Set up for 2.7 if installing/ upgrading to Work 365 Self Service v220.127.116.11 or above for the first time.
- Restart your Dynamics 365 portal.
- Use the URL link from the Dynamics 365 Administration Center page to log into the self-service portal.
- Office 365 Homepage > Admin > Admin Center > Dynamics 365 > Self-Service Portal (configured) > Manage > Under Portal Details: Portal URL
The Portal should update after 15 min. Hit refresh. Then a successful initialization will show a Work365 drop down.